Car Insurance in Idaho: How to Find the Policy That Fits You
MoneyGeek has analysis and solutions for all your car insurance needs in Idaho to help you decide on a policy that matches your needs and requirements.
- I’m in Idaho and I’m looking to find either the cheapest car insurance, the best service and claims experience or a balance of quality and affordability.
- I’m looking to get a Idaho car insurance quote or estimate now.
- I want to learn more about how much car insurance is required in Idaho.
- I want to learn more about specialty insurance policies for those with low income, those who don’t own a car or those who only need car insurance temporarily.
Find the Best or Cheapest Car Insurance in Idaho
Whether you want to find the most affordable car insurance in Idaho or a policy that balances affordability and customer service, MoneyGeek’s resources can help you find the best match. We developed a unique scoring system that rates insurance companies according to their cost and quality of service.
If you want to have an estimated cost of policies, MoneyGeek broke down car insurance costs for different drivers based on age, driving record and more.
MoneyGeek analyzed quotes to find the cheapest and best car insurance in Idaho for specific types of drivers. In the table below, we give you a short overview of everything you can expect. Unless otherwise noted, all of these figures are based on a full coverage policy.
- Minimum liability: State Farm
- Full coverage: State Farm
- Drivers with a DUI: State Farm
- After an accident: USAA
- Drivers with a ticket: State Farm
- Drivers with bad credit: GEICO
- Senior drivers: State Farm
- Student drivers: Allstate
- Overall: State Farm
- Customer Service: The Hartford
- On a Budget: State Farm
- Poor Driving Record: State Farm
- Military: USAA
- Young Drivers: Allstate
- New Cars: Farmers
- Low-Mileage Drivers: Nationwide
Get an Idaho Car Insurance Quote
According to our research, car insurance prices in Idaho can vary by as much as $528 annually for the same driver across all companies. With such significant savings, obtaining a quote estimate is an important step before buying a policy. There are many car insurance companies to choose from, but getting an estimate can be easy with MoneyGeek’s help.
Car Insurance Laws in Idaho
Idaho car insurance laws and requirements mandate drivers to carry the following liability insurance coverages:
- $25,000 for bodily injury per person
- $50,000 for bodily injury per accident
- $15,000 for property damage per accident
Keep in mind that the actual amount of coverage you should get may differ from the required coverage levels. In Idaho, drivers are required to get liability insurance coverage but are not required to get comprehensive and collision insurance.
In Idaho, high-risk drivers, such as those with serious driving violations, are required to file an SR-22 form as proof of insurance. MoneyGeek compiled information about filing an SR-22 in Idaho and the cost that you should expect to pay.
Specialty Car Insurance in Idaho
Car insurance needs are different for every driver. Some drivers may benefit from options other than traditional car insurance. MoneyGeek explored alternatives such as non-owner, temporary and low-income car insurance in Idaho to help you make the right choice. Know the difference between these unique car insurance types in Idaho to make an informed decision.
MoneyGeek Specialty Car Insurance Resources
Non-owner car insurance
A non-owner car insurance policy in Idaho is ideal for drivers who need proof of insurance but don’t own a vehicle.
Temporary car insurance
If you will only be driving for a short time period, temporary car insurance in Idaho is a cheaper option. You can get temporary car insurance by buying and canceling a regular policy or getting rental car insurance.
Car insurance for low-income drivers
Most states do not have programs to assist low-income drivers, but MoneyGeek discovered ways for Idaho drivers to save through low-income auto insurance in Idaho.
About the Author