Car Insurance in Delaware: How to Find the Policy That Fits You
MoneyGeek has analysis and solutions to help you find car insurance in Delaware that best suits your needs.
- I’m in Delaware and I’m looking to find either the cheapest car insurance, the best service and claims experience or a balance of quality and affordability.
- I’m looking to get a Delaware car insurance quote or estimate now.
- I want to learn more about how much car insurance is required in Delaware.
- I want to learn more about specialty insurance policies for those with low income, those who don’t own a car or those who only need car insurance temporarily.
Find the Best or Cheapest Car Insurance in Delaware
If you need cheap car insurance in Delaware, MoneyGeek compared quotes to help you find the most affordable insurance companies. We also ranked Delaware’s best car insurance companies using a unique scoring system to find providers offering the best balance of affordability and quality service. If you want to understand how your age, driving history and other factors affect car insurance rates, MoneyGeek broke down how car insurance rates vary for different profiles.
The resources provided above outline the cheapest and best car insurance in Delaware based on driver profiles. The table below provides a quick summary of what you can expect to find.
MoneyGeek’s recommendations are for a full coverage policy unless noted otherwise.
- Minimum liability: State Farm
- Full coverage: State Farm
- Drivers with a DUI: State Farm
- After an accident: USAA
- Drivers with a ticket: State Farm
- Drivers with bad credit: Nationwide
- Senior drivers: State Farm
- Student drivers: GEICO
- Overall: GEICO
- Customer Service: GEICO
- On a Budget: GEICO
- Poor Driving Record: Travelers
- Military: USAA
- Young Drivers: GEICO
- New Cars: Travelers
- Low-Mileage Drivers: Allstate
Get a Delaware Car Insurance Quote
MoneyGeek’s analysis found that car insurance quotes in Delaware can vary by as much as $1,249 per year depending on the insurance company. This means that you can save on your car insurance costs by comparing quotes from different providers using convenient online resources.
Car Insurance Laws in Delaware
MoneyGeek’s resources provide a detailed breakdown of how much car insurance you need in Delaware according to Delaware car insurance laws.
The minimum liability limits required by Delaware state laws are:
- $25,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $10,000 property damage liability per accident
- $15,000 personal injury protection per person
- $30,000 personal injury protection per accident
The minimum coverage required in Delaware may not necessarily be the level of coverage you need. Delaware insurance laws only require low liability limits and do not require comprehensive and collision insurance, so a state minimum policy will offer limited protection.
Specialty Car Insurance in Delaware
Depending on your profile and needs, a specialty car insurance policy may be a better option than traditional car insurance. MoneyGeek analyzed the alternative types of car insurance in Delaware, such as non-owner car insurance, temporary car insurance and low-income car insurance. You can get more information about these unique car insurance policies below.
MoneyGeek Specialty Car Insurance Resources
Non-owner car insurance
Delaware drivers who need proof of insurance but do not own a car can purchase non-owner car insurance in Delaware.
Temporary car insurance
Temporary car insurance in Delaware is a good option if you are only going to have a car for a short amount of time or if you are renting a car. You can buy a traditional car insurance policy and cancel it early or opt for rental car insurance.
Car insurance for low-income drivers
Most states don’t have programs to support low-income drivers, but you can still save on your insurance costs using MoneyGeek’s resources on Delaware car insurance for low-income drivers.
About the Author