Frequent travelers who stay at Hilton hotels and are looking for a card with a great rewards program and no foreign transaction fee can benefit the most from the American Express Hilton Honors Business Card.
American Express Hilton Honors Business Card Review
With this card, you can earn up to 180,000 Hilton Honors points as a welcome bonus. Once you spend $2,000 in the first three months, you earn 130,000 bonus points. You earn an additional 50,000 bonus points by making purchases worth $10,000 within six months of opening the account. These bonus points can be redeemed to book hotel stays, exclusive experiences and rental cars.
Card Details to Know Up Front
- Bonus, Fee or FeatureHas or Not
- Has Annual Fee
- Has Balance Transfer Offer
- Has APR Offer
- Cash Back Rewards
- Travel Rewards
American Express Hilton Honors Business Card at a Glance
With this card, you earn 12 points on every dollar spent with Hilton hotels and resorts and six points per dollar on purchases at U.S.-based gas stations, wireless telephone service providers and shipping service providers.
You also earn six points per dollar on travel purchases at U.S. restaurants and car rental companies and on flights booked through the airline or with Amex Travel. On every other purchase, you earn three points per dollar spent.
- American Express Hilton Honors Business Card
This business credit card is perfect for earning Hilton Honors points
- Good–ExcellentCredit Needed
- $95Annual Fee
- 3–12 Points per $1*Rewards Rate
- 12xRewards Rate at Hotels
- 6xRewards Rate on Gas
Pros & Cons Explained
Let’s take a brief overview of the American Express Hilton Honors Business Card’s benefits and some of its drawbacks.
- Unlimited points rewardsThis card offers you 12 bonus points per dollar spent with Hilton hotels and resorts. In addition, you’ll earn six bonus points on every dollar spent at gas stations, wireless telephone service providers, shipping service providers, restaurants, car rentals, airlines or Amex Travel. On other purchases, you earn three points on every dollar spent. There is no limit to how many points you can earn.
- Welcome offerWith this card, you have the opportunity to earn 180,000 bonus points. You can earn 130,000 bonus points by spending $2,000 with this card within the first three months. Additionally, if you make purchases worth $10,000 within six months, you’ll earn 50,000 more bonus points.
- Hilton Honors Gold statusThis card also offers complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status, which makes you eligible for additional rewards while making purchases at Hilton hotels and resorts.
- Priority Pass lounge accessThis card grants you 10 complimentary visits to Priority Pass airport lounges. These lounges have a range of amenities like wifi, showers, food, drinks and more.
- High APRThis card charges a variable APR of 15.74%–24.74%, higher than the average APR. If you carry a balance forward every month, this card may not be a good option.
- Requires good creditThe American Express Hilton Honors Business Card credit score requirement is good to excellent. If you have bad credit scores, you will likely not be approved for this card.
MoneyGeek has not featured this card in The Best Travel Credit Cards of 2021. However, you can look over the list to compare other cards in the same category and see which one is the best fit for you.
Bonuses & Rewards Explained
Understanding the bonus and rewards structure of the American Express Hilton Honors Business Card will help you maximize your rewards with this card.
The welcome offer lets you earn 130,000 points by spending $2,000 within the first three months. You can earn an additional 50,000 points by spending $10,000 within the first six months.
Points reward rate
This card offers you 12 bonus points per dollar spent with Hilton hotels and resorts. In addition, you’ll earn six bonus points on every dollar spent at gas stations, wireless telephone service providers, shipping service providers, restaurants, car rentals, airlines or Amex Travel. On other purchases, you earn three points on every dollar spent.
Free weekend nights
By spending $15,000 on eligible purchases with your card in a calendar year, you get a free weekend night reward from Hilton Honors. If you spend $60,000 on eligible purchases in a calendar year, you’ll get a second weekend night reward.
Upgrade to Diamond status
If you spend $40,000 on eligible purchases with this card in a year, you’ll get upgraded to Hilton Honors Diamond status, which allows you to earn many more rewards on making purchases at Hilton.
Other Features Explained
The American Express Hilton Honors Business Card offers many other features that can prove to be beneficial for you.
- Card FeatureDescription
- Baggage insuranceIn case of baggage loss or damage, you’re covered up to $1,250 for carry-on baggage and up to $500 for checked baggage.
- Global Assist HotlineNo matter where you are, you can use the 24/7 Global Assist Hotline to get assistance in case of an emergency during travel.
- Car rental loss and damage insuranceBy using this card to pay for eligible car rentals, you’re covered for any damage to the rental vehicle.
As a Hilton Honors program member, you can earn 3x points per dollar on Lyft rides by linking your Hilton Honors account.
Understanding the Fine Print
Understanding the fees and charges associated with the American Express Hilton Honors Business Card will give you a better idea if getting it is worth it or not.
- Card FeatureAmount or Rate
- Annual Fee$95
- Cash Back Rewards
- Rewards Rate3–12 Points per $1*
- Airline Benefits
This card charges a high variable APR of 15.74%–24.74%, making it unsuitable to carry a balance every month as you’ll accrue high interest charges.
The annual fee of this card is $95, which may be worth paying depending on how you use its rewards program.
Cash Advance Fee
On every cash advance, you’ll pay either $5 or 3% of the total amount, whichever is greater.
You can find this information on your credit card issuer’s website, mobile app or the Credit Card Agreement Database maintained by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Who Should & Shouldn’t Consider American Express Hilton Honors Business Card?
Other Considerations for American Express Hilton Honors Business Card
While making the final decision about this card, consider how its value and utility change if this would be your first card or an additional card in your wallet.
Things to Consider if This is Will Be Your First or Only Credit Card
If this is the only card in your wallet, you will be able to maximize your rewards and reach the spending requirement for the welcome bonus by making everyday purchases along with travel-related purchases.
However, the high APR of this card will make it difficult to carry a balance if you want to avoid high interest charges.
Things to Consider if This is Will Be an Additional Card in Your Wallet
As an additional card, you can maximize your rewards by using this card for making as many travel purchases as you can since it offers a high reward rate on those purchases. It has no foreign transaction fee, which makes it ideal for use while traveling internationally.
The annual fee of this card is also lower than other cards of the same category, making it easier for you to pay the annual fees of multiple cards.
We follow a six-step process to review credit cards and our methodology involves collecting credit card information, standardizing data points, analyzing potential cardholder profiles, considering annual and introductory bonuses, establishing the card values and reviewing data monthly to reprocess rankings.
How American Express Hilton Honors Business Card Compares to Other Cards
The American Express Hilton Honors Business Card has a great rewards structure for frequent business travelers with no foreign transaction fee. However, there are other cards available in the same category which offer good rewards with no annual fee.
Quick Comparison of American Express Hilton Honors Business Card
American Express Hilton Honors Business Card
- Purchase APR: 15.74%–24.74%
- Annual fee: $95
- International transactions fee: 0%
- Points reward rate: 12 points per dollar spent on hotel purchases
- Best for: Frequent travelers who often stay in Hilton hotels and resorts
Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold
- Purchase APR: 15.99%–22.99%
- Annual fee: $0
- International transactions fee: 0%
- Points reward rate: 14 points per dollar spent on hotel purchases
- Best for: Frequent travelers looking to earn extra points on Marriott stays
Other Helpful Decision-Making Q&As
The following frequently asked questions about the American Express Hilton Honors Business Card will help you make your decision. Is it the right card for your business?
Still not sure about this card? Consider these options.
If you can’t arrive on a decision about this card even after reading this review, you can check other cards in the same category and compare their features to see if any other card will suit you better.
Chase Aer Lingus Visa Signature
Citi Rewards+ Card
Citi Diamond Preferred Card
Deserve EDU Mastercard for Students
Credit One Bank Platinum Visa
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Capital One Spark Cash Select
Chase British Airways Visa Signature
Citi American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp Mastercard
Chase Freedom Unlimited
Citi Costco Anywhere Visa Card
Mastercard Black Card
Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus
Chase Iberia Visa Signature
Chase United Gateway
Chase Ink Business Cash
U.S. Bank Visa Platinum
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
Capital One Spark Miles
Mastercard Titanium Card
Wells Fargo Platinum Card
Chase United Explorer
Chase IHG Rewards Club Traveler
Simmons Rewards Visa Signature
Citi CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard
Chase United Club Infinite
Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
Citi Premier Card
American Express Blue Business Cash Card
U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature
Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase United Business
Capital One Venture
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
American Express Blue Business Plus Credit Card
Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold
Capital One VentureOne Rewards
Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business
American Express Cash Magnet Card
Chase Freedom Flex
American Express Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card
Citi Double Cash Card
Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier
Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier
American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card
American Express Delta SkyMiles Gold Card
Learn more about credit cards in general
- American Express. "Hilton Honors American Express Business Card." Accessed September 9, 2021.